Friday, June 19, 2009

A Few Stills

I was finally able to get my computer connected here in Kampala. So, now I can begin adding some media to the site so you can see what footage I've been getting since I began. The following are a few stills from the past two weeks, encompassing Lake Victoria, The Rwenzori Mountains while in Kasese, Kibiito, Nsumba, and a few others. Most of these are scenic, as they are from the rural areas. I will begin to add the more urban areas next, as that is an entirely different experience of Uganda. The pictures are yet to be edited, but this is the raw form. So, for now, enjoy!


"We Believe Children Should Not Be On The Streets" - The gated entrance to the St. John's Orphanage School in Nsumba


One of the newly baptized members in a small, very poor Catholic Church outside of Fort Portal


Children out playing during a break in the school day


The Rwenzori Mountains ("The Mountains of the Moon") viewed from Kasese


A village butcher shop on the side of the road on the way to Kasese


A Sunset on Lake Victoria

So, that's it for now, I'll post more soon. I will be traveling to William Kwezi's agricultural community this weekend, and then off to Voi, Kenya for two weeks. The adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment