Monday, June 8, 2009

Worlds Apart

This weekend I had the opportunity to ferry out to one of the islands on Lake Victoria (you know, that really big blue thing in the middle of the African map). Needless to say, I brought my gear along with me. The scenery was absolutely stunning. We caught a perfect day just after a rain, and the sunset off of the coast was incredible to catch on film. A sky filled with orange, red, yellow, blue, purple, pink and a gorgeous arrangement of clouds and sky. I will post some of the stills next week once I get them onto my computer and you may understand what I am talking about. In contrast, I was also able to get some footage of downtown Kampala. Now I can highlight the beauty of the Kampala traffic jam. Boraboras and people weaving in and out of cars and taxis of downtown compared to the calm serenity of the island: the two settings could not be more different.

I depart for Fort Portal today with Peter. I am very excited about this leg of the journey (as this is where I lived previously), but also, the projects underway there have wonderful intentions and I cannot wait to meet with the people involved with them. Of course, the Ruwenzori Mountains lie there as well, and perhaps I can get some footage at Kibali Forest of some chimps (though, they are elusive). The beauty here is so incredible I could very easily make a travel promotional commercial for Uganda, and to be honest, I would whole-heartedly recommend it to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are going well so far! Love the updates and progression of your adventure. Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete